ON-BPD News | 2016, Issue 3
Following are some news stories from us, as well as some bulletins we've received that may be of interest to you. If you have news that would be of interest to us or our members, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In this issue:
- Cours de Connexion familiale en français
- Conference on Personality Disorders in New York
- Addictions in the News
- Webinars from the Borderline Personality Disorder family education initiative
- Suicide-Prevention Course
Share these stories with others!
Il nous fait grand plaisir d'offrir le programme Connexion familiale en français cette année, du 2 avril au 18 juin. Nous acceptons actuellement des demandes de participation.
Dr. Alan Fruzzetti, "master clinician" and one of the co-developers of the Family Connections program, will be one of the keynote speakers at the North American Society for the Study of Personality Disorders annual meeting. See the full schedule. (Note: Share this information with professionals who may be interested in attending.)
Where: New York Academy of Sciences, 7 World Trade Center, 250 Greenwich Street, 40th Floor, New York, NY
When: Saturday and Sunday, April 16 and 17, 2016
Full professionals - $300
*Family members - $225
Trainees - $150
Full professionals - $450
*Family members - $300
Trainees - $225
Registration: Visit www.nasspd.org/annual-conference.php
The CBC program "Nature of Things" recently aired "Wasted" a documentary regarding possible changes to treatment of additions. It was well worth watching.
In "Can a pill cure alcoholism?" CBC radio also had interviews about the documentary, which added to the content of the television presentation.
- The next webinar will be “Understanding Self-Injury: What it is and how to be helpful" on Wednesday, March 2nd, from 4-5 PM EST. presented by Dr. Michael Hollander For more information and to register for this webinar, visit: tinyurl.com/mcleanbpd6
- If you missed the February webinar with Dr. Mary Zanarini, “The Long-Term Course of Borderline Personality Disorder” on February 3, 2016, you can view the recording at: mcleaneducation.adobeconnect.com/p88dzd7iurm/
- They archive recordings from all of their webinars on their website. Visit: http://tinyurl.com/mcleanbpdeducation
Upcoming subsidized workshop! Attend the half-day safeTALK program and learn to:
- identify people who may have thoughts of suicide
- ask them directly about the possibility of suicide, then
- connect them to life-saving resources
Where: CMHA Ottawa Branch, 1355 Bank Street, Suite 402, room A
When: Wednesday, March 23, 2016 from 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Registration: e-mail email@example.com or phone 613-737-7791
More info: Poster (pdf)